SiTF Awards was inaugurated in 2009 by Singapore infocomm Technology Federation (SiTF). This Award, championed by the industry, is an important accolade for made-in Singapore infocomm innovations.
Over the years, besides recognising innovative ICM (Infocomm Media) Applications/Solutions which are developed locally, SiTF Awards has evolved and extend its include recognition to companies which have taken efforts to innovate its business through the adoption of technology.
In 2015, over 300 submissions were made for the following categories:
- Best Innovative Infocomm Products (Consumers)
- Best Innovative Infocomm Products (Enterprise)
- Best Innovative R&D
- Best Start-up (Early Stage)
- Best Start-up (Growth Stage)
- Best Student Project (Primary)
- Best Student Project (Secondary)
- Best Student Project (Tertiary)
- Best Innovative Use of Infocomm Technology Award (Public Sector)
- Best Innovative Use of Infocomm Technology Award (Private Sector)
The judges presiding over this competition are distinguished individuals; amongst them are luminaries of ICM industry, venture capitalists, investors and academia. Nominees who participate in SiTF Awards will receive professional feedback on their projects from the judging panel.
For each category, a Winner and Merits will be selected.
Besides serving a bedrock for local innovations, SiTF Awards also helps to identify nominations for other important competitions such as the National Infocomm Awards (NIA), which is the national level award for infocomm innovation in Singapore, the Asia Pacific ICT Allicance (APICTA) Awards, and the biennial World Summit Awards (WSA).